Search This Blog

12/14/09

Best Of The Two ~ From Skincare to Make-up

Here, I'm going to pit one beauty product against another similar one, and pick one WINNER based on the product I like more, regardless of their prices.

***All products listed have been tried and tested by me personally, so please keep in mind that what works for me might not work for you.***

Rules: They just have to make me love them, that's all.
Referee: Smothered by all the products...gasping for air! =D

So, let the fights begin!

Skincare:

 Olay Total Effects 'Vs' Pond's Age Miracle
The Winner is ~
♥ Pond's Age Miracle ♥
Because it feels better on my skin, it's less oily than the oponent and my fine lines are gone! It has tiny light reflecting particles which make the skin glow  *Can't be used in the eye contour area. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Pond's White Beauty 'Vs' Fair & Lovely Multi-vitamins
The Winner is ~
♥ Fair & Lovely Multi-vitamins Cream ♥
Because it is just better! Not drying like Pond's WB (which is hard to blend into the skin and "Pinkish White Glow"? No thanks!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Pond's Flawless White Day Cream 'Vs' Nivea Sparkling Glow Day Care

The Winner is ~
♥ Pond's Flawless White ♥
Because it is one of the best creams I've ever used. I don't even want to talk about the loser.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Lakme Peach Milk Moisturizer 'Vs' Olay Moisturizing Lotion

The Winner is ~
♥ Lakme Peach Milk Moisturizer ♥
Because I survived all of last winter on it. Smells great, sinks into the skin and it's non-greasy.
*Olay ML made me breakout
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Garnier Pure Pimple Pen 'Vs' Clean & Clear Acne Speed Clearing Gel


The Winner is ~
♥ Garnier Pimple Pen ♥
 It's clear, it's effective and easier to use. The other oozes out uncontrollably when squeezed and I don't like that it's white and noticeable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make-up:


 Kajal ~ Lotus Herbals 'Vs' Himalaya 


The Winner is ~
♥ Lotus Herbals Kajal ♥
Because it is a little more smudge-proof than Himalaya. Do you see that it looks matte? Even the packaging is better. I did a review on it here
*I hate the smell of Himalaya Kajal and when sliding it's cover to open and close, you risk beheading the half-out kajal :[
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 'Vs' Mac Fluidline
The Winner is ~
♥ Maybelline Gel Eyeliner ♥
Because it survived under water and soap unlike Mac Fluidline. Plus it comes with an amazing brush, not to mention it's cheaper too. Will get it in Black as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Blush ~ Benefit Coralista Vs Nars Orgasm 

The Winner is ~
♥ Benefit Coralista ♥
I like both of them equally because they are very very similar. After staring at myself in the mirror for about 5 minutes and imagined I had a gun to my head, I decided that I like Coralista more...umm...I think so.

More fights another time. I don't want this post to be too long and I gotta sleep...zzzz...

♥ Cynthia Z ^.^

24 comments:

  1. this is such a fun post!! ooh coralista beat orgasm? hmm i like them both equally hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for all the match ups! i guess i should give the coralista blush a try one of these days~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! Loved it! Though really can't comment on the winners as in no category have i used both products.. Have used either one of the two.. Ponds Age Miracle cream is good, but it leaves me with a slightly white cast on my face.. Maybe am using too much..

    I never knew maybelline had gel eyeliners! Are they available here or did you get them frm ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post! I'd like to see more of those fights hehe ^^

    I like Garnier Pimple Pen, too! It's amazing how fast it dries and get rid of pimples (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lovely post.I have never used Lotus Kajal. I guess I must try my hands on it this time. I like Himalaya's Kajal but I also have issues with its packaging.

    I have read people liking corolista more than Nars. You also said the same thing. :)

    Good day babes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awsome review Cynthia...i was going to try most of these products when i came to India...now im even more excited lol...i want to get the lotus kajal and ponds flawless and lakme's peach moisturiser...but i guess i wnat to try both olay and age miracle cos i have this theory that olay cant go wrong LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post,thank Cynthia=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all :)

    @Amy..i like both too!!

    @Kuri..u should give it a try

    @Gaby..Yup more fights comin up later

    @Rati..ya u do that. Good day to u too!

    @Tanveer..I don't think Mayb gel eyeliner has come to India yet. I bought mine from Malaysia.

    @LPS..lol..Olay TE is not bad either but I just like Pond's more. So u go ahead n find out for yrself

    ♥XX♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. why coralista is the winner, any reason? just curious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lavender..it's coz the gold flecks in Orgasm are a bit much for me..I still like it though, but I had to pick only one winner so...*shrugs*
    ♥XX♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. seems good I didn't buy the Nivea Sparkling White moisturizer ;D Gonna buy Benefit Coralista soon! Appears to be a great product! Thx for the lovely post :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cynthia,you have a award in my second blog Snow angel if you want it.Come get it.
    Your blog is beautifull and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cynthia! Thanks for lending me your blog entry. Here's the link:

    http://skincareandmakeupreviews.blogspot.com/2009/12/blog-entry-i-currently-love-delhis.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I can't believe the Maybelline gel liner is better than the MAC one! I wanna get my hands on one of those >:]

    I love Nars Orgasm too! I just never seem to wear orange tones as often as I use to...more of a summer shade for me hehe

    Thanks for sharing your reviews Cynthia^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a handy post this is for us readers! Thanks!

    I use the Garnier Pimple Pen too and it certainly works very well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoah I love this comparison post, really helpful for your readers ^_^. I'm soooo envious you got Coralista ahaha, the color is really nice.

    Tnx for visitin my blog hehe ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a lovely post sweetie! nice comparision! now I know what products I wanna pick up in my next trip to India, which I recon is gonna happen pretty soon! have a good day! tk care xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! I love seeing product comparisons. :) Coralista beat out Orgasm huh? I didn't like Orgasm so I may have to check out Coralista!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey did you try he shenaz Hussain kajal? It comes in similar packaging.

    I haven't tried lotus herbals or himalaya kajals yet, but im going to purchase the lotus herbal one. The shehnaz Hussain smudges super easily. However I've come across no smudging reviews about it too...Maybe you could give it a try and see how it works out..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your review in Lotus herbals and Himalaya kajal was very informative.I have been using kajal since my childhood.And I can swear by Shahnaz Husain's herbal kajal.Biotique kajal gets easily smudged though.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ finding little notes in my Vanity Case, so do drop one. I read all of them & I try my best to reply to each & every one of them [check back in 2-3 days =D] but most times it's physically impossible! Either way, I love to hear from you & really appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts <3

Thank you for reading! :)

♥xx♥